Who can apply
Candidates should hold a Bachelor's degree (in whatever field or discipline), demonstrate proficiency in the English language, and possess some business experience (3 years and more). If the above requirements are met one is kindly asked to visit the SWPS University website and register there for the MBA - Innovation and Data Analysis program. You will be asked to:
(1) fill out an application form,
(2) attached a copy of your BA/BSc diploma together with its transcript (if the diploma is issued in any other language than Polish, English or Russian, certified translation should be provided to any of the above languages),
(3) attach your CV (Resume) written in English,
Once we receive the above documents we will review them and make a decision about your acceptance (usually in a few days).
The next intake commences on October 26, 2022. Of course it is desirable to apply earlier in order to complete all necessary paperwork. Our brochure and leaflets could be sent upon request.
If you want to register for the MBA program and receive an offer letter please click Apply Now here: https://english.swps.pl/academics/warsaw/postrgraduate-studies/mba-innovation-and-data-analysis . Please note that the process of registration requires setting up a university account (using this link, for instance: https://nowyformularz.swps.edu.pl/signup).
EXECUTIVE MBA - specially tailored for corporate groups only
Candidates should hold an MA or MSc degree in a related discipline, demonstrate proficiency in the English language, and have a great interest in contemporary informatics. If the above requirements are met, the following documents should be sent to IPI PAN via email
(1) application form (filled up and signed),
(2) copy of your MA/MSc diploma together with its transcript (if the diploma is issued in any other language than Polish or English, certified translation should be provided to any of the above languages),
(3) CV (Resume) written in English,
(4) copy of your passport or official ID (only the page(s) showing your name, picture and passport number),
(5) outline of your PhD research proposal (300 - 600 words),
(6) list of your publications, participations in conferences, memberships in scientific associations, involvements in research projects.
(7) two letters of recommendation (from people who know you in an academic context).
Once we receive the above documents, we will contact you and inform you when the Admissions Committee will have an interview with you. A decision regarding your application will be made after the interview.
The admissions deadline is:
PhD program CONTEMPORARY INFORMATICS: COMPUTER MODELLING AND DATA MINING - to be announced soon!
English Language Requirements The language of instruction on our programs is English. Candidates are encouraged to have a good command of English in order to actively participate in classes and seminars, connect with their colleagues, and apply learned skills in their further careers. No proof of English proficiency is required, however. When the Admissions Committee is in doubt regarding your language skills, you will be asked to sit a SKYPE interview.
Visa Support Candidates from the member states of the European Union and from the countries belonging to the European Economic Area do not need a visa to visit Poland. Here is the list of EU/EEA countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Visas are not required for entering Poland for citizens of many other countries who intend to stay in Poland for less than 90 days. These countries are Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, Croatia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Salvador, San Marino, Singapore, Switzerland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vatican and Venezuela.
Candidates from the countries not listed above will receive from IPI PAN all the need documents to obtain their visas in the most efficient way.
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (GDPR) the Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Science informs as follows:
1) The Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 5 Jana Kazimierza St., 01-248, Warsaw is the personal data Controller.
2) The Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences appointed a data protection officer: email email@example.com; correspondence address Inspektor Ochrony Danych, Instytut Podstaw Informatyki PAN, ul. Jana Kazimierza 5, 01-248 Warszawa.
3) Your personal data will be processed in relation with the documentation of your program of study in accordance with the Law on Higher Education Act of 27 July 2005 and its secondary legislation, for the duration of the program of study, and subsequently for archiving purposes for the period of 10 years.
4) The following institutions may be the recipients of your personal data: partner universities with which your program of study may be carried out, the Social Insurance Institution (Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych), the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia), the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
5) Access to your data will be granted to employees and associates authorized by the controller, who have to access your data to fulfill their obligations.
6) You are required to provide your personal data on the basis of the regulations of the Law on Higher Education Act.
7) You have the right to access the content of your data and to its rectification, as well as to the restriction of its processing.
8) Your right to data portability is only realized in the situation resulting from Article 165 of the Law on Higher Education Act, i.e. if you wish to transfer to some other institution of higher education.
9) You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the provisions of the General Regulation.