MBA STUDIES AT THE INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER SCIENCES OF THE POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES TAUGHT WITH SUPPORT FROM ITS PARTNER, THE WOODBURY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AT UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY
1. MBA studies entitled “Innovations and Data Analysis” (taught in English) are postgraduate studies crosscutting such disciplines as informatics, economics and management.
2. The postgraduate MBA studies last two semesters. At the end of the studies the students defend their business projects (20 – 40 pages).
3. The postgraduate MBA studies are based on a part-time format. There are two modules per semester. Each module lasts from 11.00 on Wednesday till 12.30 on Sunday (plus optional classes). As a rule, each course (subject) is taught 8 hours. Here is a sample of a regular module:
AM: participant arrivals
classes, Polish language lesson
classes, cultural program (either city bus tour, museum visit, concert, etc.)
classes, module "get-together" dinner
AM: classes, consultations
4. There are four intakes per academic year: till October, January, April and June.
Academic Calendar you can find HERE
5. The Institute of Computer Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences (in short IPI PAN) is the awarding institution. The Woodbury School of Business at Utah Valley University participates as an institution sending some of its representatives to teach selected courses/subjects and proposing measures aiming at curriculum enhancement.
6. Lecturers from the Woodbury School of Business at Utah Valley University may supervise business projects providing there will be students interested in such supervision and the representatives will agree to undertake such a responsibility.
Sample of the diploma:
7. Upon successful completion of the coursework and defense of the MBA business project you will receive a transcript with grades in English, a certificate of finishing the MBA studies in Polish and a diploma of completion of the MBA – Innovation and Data Analysis program in English.